Sunday, April 8, 2012

Paul Simon - Born in Puerto Rico - YouTube

Paul Simon - Born in Puerto Rico - YouTube



Artist: Paul Simon Song: Born in Puerto Rico Album: Songs from the Capeman (1997) Lyrics SALVADOR I was born in Puerto Rico We came here when I was a child Before I reached the age of sixteen I was running with the gang and we were wild He keeps looking but he don't recognize me. Some guy from Lexington or Park Red beans and rice from kitchen windows Supper-time and the barrio is dark. No one knows you like I do Nobody can know your heart the way I do No one can testify to all that you've been through But I will. SAL & THE VAMPIRES I was born in Puerto Rico And my blood is Taino Spanish Caribbean my soul SALVADOR We came here wearing summer clothes in winter Hearts of sunshine in the cold Your family rented this apartment You'd watch the street lamps from your perch In the sacramental hour your stepfather in black Preached the fire of the Pentecostal Church No one knows you like I do Nobody can know your heart the way I do No one can testify to all that you've been through But this will. SAL & THE VAMPIRES I was born in Puerto Rico Came here when I was a child. SALVADOR Small change and sunlight, then I left these streets for good. My days as short as they were wild. CARLOS APACHE I'm Carlos Apache ANGEL SOTO Angel Soto FRENCHY CORDERO Frenchy Cordero BABU CHARLIE CRUZ Babu Charlie Cruz SALVADOR Your features blurred in every grainy photo And fading headline of the Daily News Wiltwyck School for Criminal Children Auburn, Brooklyn House of D., Dannemora, Sing-Sing, Attica <b>...</b>
Views:9322
40ratings
Time:05:04More inMusic



No comments:

Post a Comment